I learned how to put on fake eyelashes early in life. Or so I thought.
I have been wearing stage makeup since I was 5 or 6, but I didn’t upgrade to false lashes until I was in my early adolescence. I don’t even remember who “taught” me.
It wasn’t until I was a full-fledged Showgirl when I learned the best tips and tricks to put on fake eyelashes. Prepping for two-two hour shows, six nights a week, I got my chance to really practice applying them expertly. Check out my process in the video below:
Make sure to watch my video about Prepping Your Eyelashes Here so you have your eyelashes ready to go.
- Apply eyeliner FIRST.
- Apply glue and let sit for a few seconds.
- Bend lash to keep glue flexible while it is becoming tacky.
- Place lash aiming for the center of eyelid first, then guide ends to their places.
- Make sure to get it as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- When applied, pinch false lash and natural lash together at the outer corners to “glue” your lashes to the bottom of the false lash.
And that’s it! You now know my secret to applying lashes quick and easy!
If you have any tips or questions, comment below!
Athena, aka Gazella